Autoliv's primary goal is to Save More Lives. Our products never get a second chance. This is why we can never compromise on quality. We are working to increase vehicle safety by developing seatbelts, airbags and steering wheels and you can be part of our team as Project Manager for the European Steering Wheel Technical Center located near Poitiers.
In this position, you will coordinate one or several project teams to develop a Steering Wheel and Driver Units according to the APDS (Autoliv Product Development System) process in the most favorable way for the company and apply with the teams all standards and rules defined on project platforms.
If you think you'll like to manage the following responsibilities at higher standards:
- Apply Autoliv and Customer Standards
- Develop projects following APDS process and in accordance with QCD targets (Quality, Cost, Delay)
- Build, follow and update all timing plans during the development / Be responsible that the given milestones are kept
- Coordinate customer communications with business units to optimize customer satisfaction
- Lead (or support) synchronized timings between Driving Airbag & Steering Wheel
- Be responsible for the project budgets and build action plan to close gaps
- Coordinate the project teams and support functions to deliver on time all customer deliverables
- Organize all project documentations and traceability including data sharing within Autoliv
- Lead activities with launch platforms in manufacturing plants from early phases to achieve a successful launch
- Support Business units with technical and costs studies in RFQs and changes
- Inform the Autoliv organization including escalation necessary steps.
- Use appropriate tribunes to get the requested support to achieve QCD targets
- Bring supports during serial life for VEVAs, changes, lessons learned…
- Make suggestions to improve efficiency of development processes and in the daily life of project platforms
- Keep confidentiality on all strategic information internally or at the customer
- Prepare and present project status for Tollgates Review Board and management reviews
and if you have the following:
- Engineer’s degree
- 5 years of work experience in managing development teams in the automotive industry
- Multidisciplinary team management.
- Good understanding of manufacturing background.
- Good knowledge on cost management.
- Ability to analyze QCD results including risk assessment and recovery plans.
- IT basic software’s know-how (Office including Microsoft Project, Internet database applications)
- good relationship internally and with customers (listening, positive mindset, open to discussion)
- Language skills: French & English fluent
- Willingness of travel (international business trips)
Then we will be more than glad to chat with you about your experience and your career goals.
Our international work environment can offer you challenging and rewarding opportunities. We are committed to develop people’s skills, knowledge and creative potential. Our training and development programs emphasize technical competency, leadership development and business management skill.
More lives saved – more life lived!